Scroll Down on the Home page to See our Latest Opportunities
Carrot Cake Overnight Oatmeal
(Serves 1, ease to reproduce among individual 10 oz. glass mason jars)
2/3 C. old fashioned rolled oatmeal (oats) or instant oatmeal (oats) (traditional or Gluten Free)
1 whole Medjool date, pitted and snipped 1/2 c finely
1/8 C. shredded carrots
1 T. flaxseed meal
1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
1 T. chopped walnuts
1 T. pumpkin seeds
1 T. golden raisins
Unsweetened, shredded coconut to top
3/4 cup unsweetened Almond milk or any plant-based milk
In a glass jar layer ingredient in order above.
Cover and chill in refrigerator 2 hours or overnight.
In the morning, check to see if your ‘milk’ line is close to top of your oatmeal level. Replace lid/rubber band with foil to cover and heat in oven, on small cookie sheet, till warm 300 degrees for about 20-30min.
Be certain to wrap a cloth napkin around jar to buffer the heat and safely hold to enjoy!
Sweet Potato Hash, Egg and Goat Cheese Breakfast Wraps
(make ahead, freezer to microwave)
Sweet Potato Hash
3 T. extra-virgin olive oil
½ diced red onion
1 ½ sweet potatoes (small), peeled, cubed ½ inch
1 red pepper, cubed ½ inch
1 green bell pepper, cubed ½ inch
1/8 teaspoon of salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
8 large scrambled eggs
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 ½ teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
4 ounces herbed goat cheese or cheese alternative (room temperature)
8 (8 inch) multigrain or whole wheat tortillas
8 sheets aluminum foil
8 sheets plastic wrap
2 large freezer plastic baggies
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. In a large bowl, toss together sweet potato, red onion, red pepper and green bell pepper and olive oil. Sprinkle salt, pepper and smoked paprika.
3. Roast for 20-25 minutes, stirring pan twice
4. Raise temperature to 500 degrees and roast for an additional 5 minutes.
5. Set hash aside till cooled.
6. To scramble the eggs, whisk eggs, salt and pepper.
7. Add olive oil to skillet and heat on medium.
8. Add the eggs and stir consistently until eggs are cooked and set.
9. Set eggs aside to cool.
10. Lay foil sheet on counter, plastic wrap sheet on top and then one tortilla shell per each plastic and foil layered sheet.
11. Divide herbed goat cheese evenly among the 8 tortilla shells and spread to center out of each shell.
12. Divide hash evenly among the shells down middle center on top of goat cheese spread.
13. Divide eggs evenly among the shells down middle center on top of goat cheese and hash.
14. Fold two opposite sides of tortilla into center and roll up from bottom to form a burrito.
15. Wrap in plastic to secure. Encase in foil. Stack two at a time into freezer bag. 4 burritos neatly fit into each freezer bag.
16. Store in freezer
17. To serve from freezer to microwave, remove foil and microwave until warm 30-60 sec.
Inspired by: Jessica Merchant recipe from Seriously Delish